The AH-64E Guardian is an upgraded version of the American AH-64D Longbow Apache combat helicopter. Featuring improved digital networking, ability to control unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), more powerful engines, and reinforced landing gear, the helicopter is also equipped with new composite rotor blades for increased cruise speeds, climb rate and payload capacity. Later versions of the helicopter were equipped with upturned exhausts, referred to as ASPI, to reduce the emitted heat signature.
Manned by a crew of 2, the AH-64E is armed with a belly mounted 30 mm M230 chain gun along with a mixture of AGM-114 Hellfire missiles and Hydra 70 rocket pods, mounted on four hardpoints mounted on stub-wing pylons.
Takom/Snowman Model 1/35 AH-64E Apache Guardian Attack Helicopter, item no: 2602 features:
- Accurately reproduced kit featuring excellent surface detail and shapes just like the real thing.
- Around 40,000 various forms of raised rivets reproduced on the main fuselage.
- Highly detailed cockpit featuring PE parts for the seat belts.
- Accurately modeled composite rotor blades, with included metal pins.
- Highly detailed main rotor mast assembly.
- Optional AN/APG-78 Longbow radar.
- 2 complete T700 turboshaft engines inside the nacelles, which can be built as open or closed.
- Upturned ASPI exhausts.
- Left and right electronics bays, which can be built as open or closed.
- Photo-etched, 3D-printed and clear parts included.
- 4 types of Hellfire missiles.
- 3 types of Hydra 70 rocket pods.
- Highly detailed 30mm M230 chain gun.
- Vinyl ammo belt for the M230 chain gun.
- Weighted wheels.
- 3D printed parts.
- 2 markings for 2 US helicopters.
- *Included rotor fold kit in first release batch.