The AH-64D Longbow is an upgraded version of the American AH-64 Apache combat helicopter. Featuring advanced sensors, uprated engines, ‘tactical internet’ communications capabilities for sharing target information, and most noticeably the AN/APG-78 Longbow fire-control radar in a dome above the main rotor. The radar’s raised position enables target detection while the helicopter is behind obstacles, trees or buildings, and is capable of simultaneously tracking up to 128 targets and engaging up to 16 at once.
Manned by a crew of 2, the AH-64D is armed with a belly mounted 30 mm M230 chain gun along with a mixture of AGM-114 Hellfire missiles and Hydra 70 rocket pods, mounted on four hardpoints mounted on stub-wing pylons.
Takom/Snowman Model 1/35 AH-64D Apache Longbow Attack Helicopter, item no: 2601 features:
- Accurately reproduced kit featuring excellent surface detail and shapes just like the real thing.
- Around 40,000 various forms of raised rivets reproduced on the main fuselage.
- Highly detailed cockpit featuring PE parts for the seat belts.
- Accurately modeled rotor blades, with included metal pins.
- Highly detailed main rotor mast assembly.
- Optional AN/APG-78 Longbow radar.
- 2 complete T700 turboshaft engines inside the nacelles, which can be built as open or closed.
- Left and right electronics bays, which can be built as open or closed.
- Photo-etched, 3D-printed and clear parts included.
- 4 types of Hellfire missiles.
- 3 types of Hydra 70 rocket pods.
- Highly detailed 30mm M230 chain gun.
- Vinyl ammo belt for the M230 chain gun.
- Weighted wheels.
- 3 markings for 3 US helicopters.
- *Included rotor fold kit in first release batch.