The Russian T-80BVM is an upgraded model of the T-80BV main battle tank. Publicly unrevealed in 2017, the T-80BVM benefitted from its predecessor with upgraded armour protection capabilities, an improved gas turbine engine, and an upgraded gunner’s sight same as the one installed on the T-90 and T-72B3 tanks. It is the first T-80 tank to be equipped with the “Relikt” contact type explosive reaction armour ERA, which is the same as that used on both the latest Russian T-90M and T-90MS main battle tanks, defending against armour-piercing shells. The tank’s side rubber skirts are equipped with an internal layer of steel armour, along with the hull and rear turret slat armour for enhanced protection. The T-80BVM is reported to be also equipped with a passive defence system against anti tank guided missiles just like the T-90.
Manned by a crew of 3, minus the loader thanks to its auto loading system, the T-80BVM is armed with a smoothbore 125 mm main gun capable of firing conventional as well as guided ammunition. Almost all variants of the T-80 MBT, including the T-80BVM, saw recent deployment across various battlefields during the Russo-Ukrainian War.
Trumpeter Russian T-80BVM MBT (Marines Corps) features:
- Highly detailed kit depicting the Russian Marine Corps’ variant.
- Slide moulded lower chassis with intricate details and weld lines.
- Slide moulded turret with subtle cast texture effect.
- Newly tooled T-80 side skirts with Relikt ERA, and front glacis armour.
- Highly detailed turret NSVM machine gun.
- Thinly moulded rear slat armour.
- Individual track links.
- 2 PE frets.
- 1 marking option for 1 Green painted Russian vehicle.