The AH-64D Longbow is an upgraded version of the American AH-64 Apache combat helicopter. Featuring advanced sensors, uprated engines, ‘tactical internet’ communications capabilities for sharing target information, and most noticeably the AN/APG-78 Longbow fire-control radar in a dome above the main rotor. The radar’s raised position enables target detection while the helicopter is behind obstacles, trees or buildings, and is capable of simultaneously tracking up to 128 targets and engaging up to 16 at once.
Manned by a crew of 2, the AH-64D is armed with a belly mounted 30 mm M230 chain gun along with a mixture of AGM-114 Hellfire missiles and Hydra 70 rocket pods, mounted on four hardpoints mounted on stub-wing pylons.
MENG 1/35 AH-64D Apache Longbow Attack Helicopter, item No: QS-004 features:
- Accurately reproduced kit featuring excellent surface detail and shapes.
- Accurately reproduced raised rivets on the main fuselage.
- Highly detailed cockpit with self defense weapons for the crew.
- Accurately modeled rotor blades with fold kit.
- Highly detailed main rotor mast assembly.
- Optional AN/APG-78 Longbow radar.
- 2 complete T700 turboshaft engines inside the nacelles, which can be built as open or closed.
- Highly detailed electronics and various bays, which can be built as open or closed.
- Photo-etched, clear parts included, and precut masks for the canopy.
- 2 types of Hellfire missiles.
- 3 types of Hydra 70 rocket pods.
- Optional Stinger AA missiles on wing tips.
- Highly detailed 30mm M230 chain gun.
- Highly detailed ammo belt for the M230 chain gun.
- Weighted wheels.
- 3 marking options.