The Leopard 2A6 is an improved version of the German Leopard 2 main battle tank, which first saw service in 1979. Various armour upgrades included the installation of a heavier driver’s hatch, a modernised turret equipped with a redesigned mantle cover with the addition of frontal and side spaced armour, as well as improvements in the main armor composition for better protection. Both the older commander’s and gunner’s sights were moved, allowing for the addition of a new independent 2nd generation thermal sight for the commander.
Armed with the Rheinmetall 120 mm L/55 smoothbore gun, the Leopard 2A6 can engage moving targets at ranges up to 5,000 meters while being on the move thanks to its electronic turret and digital fire control systems.
Various countries deployed the Leopard 2A6 in service, with Ukraine being the latest in the Russo-Ukrainian War.
Border Model‘s Leopard 2A6 Main Battle Tank, kit No: BT-031, features:
- Highly detailed lower hull featuring crisp weld lines and bolts.
- Highly detailed slide moulded turret featuring crisp details and anti slip texture.
- Turned aluminium 155mm main gun barrel.
- Newly tooled what-if Kontakt-1 ERA blocks and brackets.
- Fully workable suspension and tracks after assembly.
- Detailed inscription on the wheels’ rubber rims.
- Clear parts for the headlights, periscopes, and sights.
- 1 PE fret for the intake covers, turret’s side storage baskets, and various details
- 1 marking option for 1 3-tone NATO coloured Ukrainian unit.