The T-34/85 is a Soviet medium tank that fought with the Soviet armoured forces throughout the Second World War. Armed with a greatly improved 85 mm gun over its predecessor, its general specifications remained unchanged until the end of the war. The T-34/85’s sloped armour provided good protection against anti tank weapons, altering future tank designs later as seen on the German Panther tank. Its relatively cheaper cost to produce resulted in a profound effect on the conflict’s outcome despite suffering the most tank losses ever against the German Wehrmacht.
Border Model‘s Russian T-34/85 Composite Turret Plant 112, item No: BT-027 features:
- Slide moulded lower hull featuring crisp bolts and weld lines.
- Newly tooled slide moulded turret distinctive to factory no.112, with reproduced cast texture and weld lines.
- Finely reproduced cast texture on the forward DT machine gun firing port.
- Aluminium main gun barrel.
- Slide moulded single piece external fuel tanks.
- Fully workable suspension with metal springs.
- Clickable, fully workable tracks, and cast numbers on the rubber rims.
- Clear parts for headlight and periscopes.
- One PE fret.
- 5 resin figures.
- 4 marking options.