The RS-12M1 Topol-M, is the road-mobile intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM) to be deployed by Russia and the first to be developed after the dissolution of the Soviet Union. The Topol-M is a cold-launched, three-stage, solid-propellant, silo-based or road-mobile intercontinental ballistic missile. The Topol-M carries a single warhead with a 800 kiloton yield, and is also compatible with Multiple Independent Reentry Vehicle (MIRV) warheads carrying between four to six warheads along with decoys. In addition to both active and passive decoys, the missile is capable of overcoming enemy air and missile defense by maneuvering during flight increasing its hit rate to almost 65% to ranges up to 10,500 km.
The mobile Topol-M is based on the Belarusian MZKT-79221 16×16 heavy high mobility chassis, which was specially designed to provide maximum maneuverability for its size as well as good cross-country mobility. Operated by a crew of three, the mobile launcher can operate undetected, hidden in forests increasing its chances of survival during first strike by enemy nations.
Trumpeter‘s 1/35 RS-12M1 Topol-M ICBM kit features:
- Fully detailed drive train assembly complete with engine, transmission, and transfer cases.
- Fully detailed suspension units and wheel hubs.
- Fully detailed driver and crew compartments.
- Various slide molded transporter components featuring crisp bolts and details
- 2-part slide molded missile tube with separately molded warhead cone, and missile exhaust.
- Highly detailed missile erector mechanism and rail.
- Separately molded fueling pipes.
- Realistically reproduced rubber tires with accurate tread pattern, and raised ribs.
- Missile can be displayed in either transit or firing mode after assembly.
- 4 metal tubes to depict stabilizing feet.
- 4 photo etched frets.
- Pre-cut masking sheet for painting the clear parts.
- 2 marking options for 1 green and 1 camouflaged Russian units.