The Panzer IV L/70(A) was a German tank destroyer based on the Panzer IV chassis. Answering the need for a low profile, heavy assault gun, the Jagdpanzer IV was built in three main variants featuring a turretless, interlocked plates, superstructure armed with the same 7.5 cm gun as fitted to the Panther tank.
In order to send the armed vehicles to the front as soon as possible Stug III manufacturer Alkett, thus the designation Panzer IV L70(A), came up with an interim solution to speed up the production. Other variants of the Panzer IV, such as the L/70(V), by Vomag, used a modified chassis with a much lower silhouette.
Border Model 1/35 Panzer IV L/70(A) Final Production, item No: BT-026, features:
- Slide moulded lower hull featuring crisp bolts and weld lines.
- Slide moulded fighting compartment with subtle armour texture and weld lines.
- Finely reproduced cast texture on the main gun mantlet and anti skid pattern on fenders.
- Link and length tracks with realistic sag effect.
- Optional command unit rear antenna mount.
- Complete main gun breech assembly.
- Aluminium main gun barrel.
- 1 PE fret for the Schürzen, and various details.
- 3 marking options.