The M1A2 SEP v3 is the latest version of the US M1A2 Abrams tank. Formerly designated as the M1A2C, the SEP V3 is fitted with various upgrades increasing its power, communication abilities, improved armour and counter-IED packages. The new tank is also equipped with an under armour APU, auxiliary power unit, to keep the systems running while stationary instead of its engine. Additional passive ballistic protection was added to the turret faces, along with new Abrams Reactive Armour Tiles (ARAT) mountings, and Trophy Active Protection systems to the turret sides.
Manned by a crew of 4, the M1A2 SEP V3 is armed with a 120mm smoothbore main gun now capable of firing airburst ammunition with its new Ammunition DataLink (ADL), in addition to a coaxial 7.62mm machine gun. The SEP V3 is also equipped with a 12.7mm low profile CROWS, remote control weapon station.
Ryefield Model M1A2 SEP V3 Abrams MBT features:
- Highly detailed kit featuring crisp details.
- Newly tooled turret depicting new turret faces, mountings, and antennas.
- Subtle anti skid texture on turret surface.
- Highly detailed low profile CROWS.
- Optional Trophy active protection system.
- Slide moulded 1 piece main gun barrel.
- Highly detailed lower hull with anti skid texture.
- Workable torsion bar suspension system.
- Link and length tracks.
- Clear parts for periscopes and sights.
- 1 PE fret.
- 3 marking options.