The Leclerc is a third-generation French main battle tank developed and manufactured by Nexter Systems, for known as GIAT industries. Named in honour of Marshal Philippe Leclerc de Hauteclocque, a commander of the Free French Forces, the Leclerc entered service in 1992, replacing the AMX-30 as France’s main battle tank. The Leclerc is also in service with the Jordanian Army, and the United Arab Emirates armed forces.
Manned by a crew of 3, the tank is armed with an autoloading 120mm main gun, a 12.7mm coaxial heavy machine gun, in addition to a turret mounted 7.62mm machine gun. The Leclerc XXI version features modular composite armour block covering its turret, in addition to six heavy ballistic side skirts’ modules. Additional protection features include an armoured autoloader with self sealing fuel tanks inside the tank.
Tiger Model Leclerc French Main Battle Tank features:
- Highly detailed kit featuring crisp details.
- Scale accurate anti skid texture on lower hull and turret.
- 1 piece slide moulded, highly detailed turret.
- 1 piece slide moulded, highly detailed lower hull.
- Pioneer tools and jump cable behind the right armour panel.
- Individual track links.
- Clear parts for periscopes, gun sights, and lights.
- 1 PE fret.
- Length of vinyl tube to depict external fuel hose.
- 1 marking option.