The Iron Dome is an Israeli mobile all-weather air defense system developed by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems. The system was primarily designed to intercept and destroy short-range rockets and artillery shells fired from distances up to 70 kilometres, targeting populated areas, ships, as as well off-shore gas platforms.
First deployed in 2011 the system successfully intercepted rockets, with a success rate between 75 and 90 percent, launched from Gaza. Future plans for the Iron Dome system include a range increase to 250 kms, as well as making the system more versatile to counter rockets incoming from two directions simultaneously.
Trumpeter 1/35 Iron Dome Air Defense System features:
- Highly detailed launch platform featuring excellent details and wiring.
- Moulded ventilation slots on panels, and anti skid texture on platform.
- Slide moulded rocket pods.
- Metal rods and tubes for the stabilising arms.
- 25 cms high antenna
- Length of wire for depicting antenna cable.
- 3 PE frets.
- 2 marking options.