The German U-boat Type VIIC was the workhorse of the German submarine force, during WW2. With 568 commissioned, the Type VIIC was an effective fighting machine and was seen almost everywhere U-boats operated, wreaking havoc to Allied shipping lanes.
Manned by a crew of 35, the U-Boat Type VIIC was armed with 12 electric torpedoes and an 8.8mm anti-ship cannon mounted on a platform ahead of the conning tower, in addition to a 2cm AA gun.
Border Model‘s 1/35 DKM Type VIIC U-Boat Upper Deck, item No: BS-001, kit features:
- Highly detailed kit featuring riveted hull and perforated deck panels.60cm long waterline deck and conning tower.
- Highly detailed conning tower internal structure with dials, panels, periscope mast, antennas and 2cm AA gun.
- Single piece, slide moulded delicate railing for the conning tower.
- 88mm deck gun with metal barrel, ammunition boxes, and shells.
- G7e torpedo with lading equipment for depicting the loading process.
- 1 PE fret.
- 3 marking options for 3 during 1942.
- 2 separately available crew figures to depict either torpedo loading or deck gun action scene.