The US M4A3 Sherman was an up gunned version of the iconic Sherman WW2 tank, widely used by the United States and Western Allies in WW2. The upgraded tank was equipped with a new, better-protected turret. Additionally, the M4A3 was the first Sherman tank to be factory-produced with the horizontal volute spring suspension (HVSS) system with wider tracks to better distribute weight, resulting in a smoother ride and better mobility.
Manned by a crew of 5, the M4A3 was armed with a high-penetrating 76 mm cannon with its high velocity armor piercing rounds, granting the tank a much greater firepower boost.
Ryefield Model 1/35 US M4A3 Sherman 76W HVSS Early Type, kit No: RM-5058, features:
- Highly detailed kit featuring crisp details.
- Slide molded turret earlier style turret.
- Finely reproduced cast texture on the lower hull, turret, and main gun’s mantle.
- Highly detailed .50 cal turret machine gun assembly.
- Single piece, slide molded main gun barrel.
- Fully workable HVSS suspension system after assembly.
- Fully workable tracks after assembly.
- Complete turret gun breach assembly.
- Newly tooled turret and lower hull applique armor plates.
- 3 types for the sprocket wheels.
- 3 types for the suspension volute springs.
- Optional tracks dust covers included.
- Optional side mounted spare wheels.
- Rear storage shelf can be built in either the open or closed position.
- Clear parts for the headlight, and periscopes.
- PE parts for the headlights and periscope guards, and tow cable clamps.
- Length of nylon string for depicting tow cable.
- 2 marking option for 2 US vehicles in Germany in 1945.