The German Tiger I Ausf. E late production was the final version of the Tiger I tank to be deployed in combat during WW2. Initially developed and deployed by the German armed forces surpassing the Panzer III and IV tanks, the Tiger I was armed with the formidable 88mm gun. Characterized as a late production version, the tank benefitted from an upgraded commander’s commander’s cupola equipeed with 7 periscopes, and the application of the Zimmerit antimagnetic coating. The Tiger I tank appeared in almost all front-line battles, till the end of the conflict in Germany. The German Tiger I heavy tank had a strong psychological deterrent effect to many opponents. Its very complicated design, requiring a lot of expensive materials and heavy production facilities, combined with the manufacturing time led to around only 1,347 units built between August 1942 and August 1944.
Ryefield Model‘s 1/35 scale German Tiger I Ausf.E Late Production w/ Zimmerit & Full Interior, item No: RM-5080, features:
- Highly detailed kit featuring fine bolts and intricate weld lines on the hull and turret.Partial turret interior with gun breach & turret basket.
- Complete lower hull interior featuring newly tooled engine parts, transmission, driver & radio operator stations, fuel tanks, and ammunition with moulded zimmerit coating on the exterior.
- Complete turret interior featuring main gun, breach, and crew battle stations with moulded on zimmerit coating on the exterior.
- Fully workable torsion bar suspension system after assembly.
- Fully workable newly tooled tracks.
- Cast markings on the road wheels
- One piece slide mouled barrel.
- Length of nylon rope to depict tow cable.
- Clear parts for the periscopes.
- 1 PE fret.
- 6 marking options, for 6 German units deployed during 1944.