The T-80U is a main battle tank designed and manufactured in the former Soviet Union. Primarily based on the former T-64, the T-80U also incorporated features from the later T-72 tanks. Equipped with a better turret, Kontakt-5 explosive reactive armour, and an improved gunner’s sight, the T-80U entered service with the Soviet Army in 1985.
Manned by a crew of 3, the tank is armed with a 125mm smooth bore cannon with an automatic loader’s system. The main gun can fire a variety of types of ammunition like armour-piercing projectiles, highly explosive rounds, as well as the M119M anti-tank missiles. The missile has a maximum range of 5 kilometres and can also attack low-altitude helicopters. The tank is also equipped with a 7.62 mm auxiliary machine gun in the turret and a 12.7 mm heavy machine gun on top of the turret.
Ryefield Model T-80U Main Battle Tank features:
- Newly released kit featuring excellent details.
- Multipart lower hull chassis with accurate details and weld lines.
- 1 piece slide moulded turret with subtle cast texture and weld lines.
- Slide moulded multipart barrel.
- Highly detailed NSV 12.7mm machine gun.
- 2 types for turret mounted snorkel adapter, short and long.
- 2 types for main gun’s dust cover.
- Fully workable suspension with rubber dust covers for hydraulic rods.
- Fully workable tracks after assembly.
- Metal spring to depict fuel external fuel pipes.
- Length of rope to depict tow cable.
- 1 PE fret.
- 4 marking options.