The T-72B3M, also referred to as T-72B4, is the latest upgraded variant of the T-72B3 main battle tank which was first exhibited to the public in 2014. The tank’s latest upgrades include a new fire control system, a new thermal sight, a new panoramic cupola for the commander, enhanced radio systems, and a rear-view camera as well as a mechanical drive display system.
Armed with the 2A46M5 125mm smoothbore gun, an advanced version of the 2A46M cannon, the T-72B3M can fire a range of ammunition such as armor piercing, high-explosive rounds, as well as the 9M119 Refleks (NATO codename: AT-11 Sniper) guided anti-tank missiles at ranges up to 5 KM.
The T-72B3M MBT is equipped with the new Relikt explosive reactive armor (ERA), replacing the previous Kontakt-5 second-generation ERA, in addition to the 4S24 soft pack ERA and slat armor on the sides and turret offering superior protection against modern battlefield threats.
Trumpeter‘s Russian T-72B3M MBT w/ 4S24 ERA & Javelin Cage kit features:
- Highly detailed lower hull and turret featuring cast armor texture, accurate weld lines, and sharp bolts.
- Newly tooled side skirts depicting the latest version of the T72B3M tank.
- Newly tooled intricate slat armor for the lower hull and turret.
- Newly tooled turret javelin cage as seen in the latest offense in Ukraine.
- Newly tooled workable tracks depicting the latest version of the T-72B3M tracks,
- Highly detailed newly tooled soft pack ERA blocks, with design differences for added realism.
- Transparent parts for the periscopes and headlights.
- 2 photoetched frets for the engine’s rear grills and various parts.
- Copper cable for depicting tow cable.
- 1 marking option for 1 Russian vehicle deployed in Ukraine.