The Soviet T-55A Mod.1981 is an upgraded version of the iconic T-55 medium tank. Various upgrades to the tank included radio sets and intercom systems, a KTD-2 laser rangefinder, Type 902B “Tucha” smoke grenade launchers on the turret, modified gun sight and RMSh tracks. In addition, Mod.1981 T-55A tanks included the addition of the 12.7mm DShKM machine gun on the loader’s station for anti-air defence. Despite the fact that the T-55A became the main tank for armored units of the Soviet Army and various armies of the Warsaw Pact and middle east countries, the T-55A Mod.1981 saw limited use by Soviet forces during the Soviet Afghan War.
Ryefield Model T-55A Mod.1981 Soviet Medium Tank features:
- Highly detailed kit featuring crisp details and weld lines.
- Highly detailed turret featuring realistic cast texture and weld lines.
- Highly detailed lower hull and chassis.
- Fully workable torsion bar suspension system after assembly.
- Full workable RMsh single link tracks after assembly.
- Cast lines on the rubber rims.
- Finely moulded fuel lines with connectors.
- Highly detailed 3D printed main gun dust cover.
- Clear plastic parts for the turret’s IR light, headlights, and periscopes.
- Length of nylon cable to replicate tow cable.
- 1 PE fret included.
- 2 marking options for 2 USSR units.