The Sturmgeschütz IV (StuG IV) assault gun was a German assault gun variant of the Panzer IV used in the latter part of the Second World War. After suffering damages due to an Allied bomb raid, Alkett, the manufacturer of the StuG III suggested mounting the StuG III super structure on the Panzer IV chassis, with a box compartment for the driver. This led to the birth of the StuG IV, which was identical in role and concept to the highly successful StuG III assault gun. Both StuG models were exclusively deployed as tank destroyers, during the last two years of the war, greatly augmenting the capability of the dwindling tank force available to the German army on the Eastern and Western fronts.
Ryefield Model 1/35 StuG IV Early Production w/ Full Interior, item no: RM-5061, features:
- Highly detailed parts featuring crisp weld lines, bolts, and antislip texture on the fenders.
- Slide molded single piece fighting compartment.
- Complete interior fighting compartment with seats, radios, sights and gun breach.
- Complete driver’s compartment with seat, transmission, and ammo racks.
- Complete engine compartment with fuel tanks, radiators, and fans.
- Single piece, slide molded main gun barrel & 2 types of muzzle breaks.
- Workable suspension system.
- Workable tracks with pins assembly.
- 2 types for track return rollers.
- 6 marking options.
- 1 PE fret.
- PE Schürzen side skirts, and rear stowage frame.
- Nylon thread for depicting tow cable.