The Sturmgeschütz III (StuG III) assault gun was one Germany’s most-produced, fully tracked armored fighting vehicle during World War II. Built on a slightly modified Panzer III chassis replacing the turret with an armored, fixed superstructure mounting a more powerful gun, the StuG III was mainly intended to serve as a direct fire, mobile assault gun supporting infantry.
The vehicle’s highly successful deployment, on all fronts, paved way for additional variants as well as serving as a tank destroyer, and the StuH 42 upgunned version armed with a 10.5 cm howitzer, designed to provide direct fire support to infantry.
Ryefield Model 1/35 StuH 42 & StuG III Ausf.G Late Production, item no: RM-5086, features:
- Highly detailed parts featuring crisp wed lines, bolts, and antislip texture on the fenders.
- Slide molded single piece fighting compartment.
- Complete interior fighting compartment with seats, radios, sights and gun breach.
- Complete driver’s compartment with seat, transmission, and ammo racks.
- Complete engine compartment with fuel tanks, radiators, and fans.
- Single piece, slide molded main gun barrel & muzzle break.
- Workable suspension system.
- Workable tracks with pins assembly.
- 5 marking options.
- 1 PE fret.
- PE Schürzen side skirts, and rear stowage frame.
- Nylon thread for depicting tow cable.