The Sturmgeschütz III (StuG III) assault gun was one Germany’s most-produced, fully tracked armored fighting vehicle during World War II. Built on a slightly modified Panzer III chassis replacing the turret with an armored, fixed superstructure mounting a more powerful gun, the StuG III was mainly intended to serve as a direct fire, mobile assault gun supporting infantry.
The vehicle’s highly successful deployment, on all fronts, paved way for additional variants as well as serving as a tank destroyer.
Ryefield Model 1/35 StuG III Ausf.G Early Production, item no: RM-6059, features:
- Highly detailed parts featuring crisp wed lines, bolts, and antislip texture on the fenders.
- Slide molded single piece fighting compartment.
- Single piece, slide molded main gun barrel and muzzle brake.
- Workable suspension system.
- Workable tracks with pins assembly.
- Partial fighting compartment interior, featuring complete gun breach assembly.
- 4 marking options.
- 1 PE fret.
- Nylon thread for depicting tow cable.