The T-72 Ural was the original model of the Soviet/Russian T-72 main battle tank that entered production in 1969, primarily developed as a replacement for the T-64 tank.
The T-72 Ural was the only version of the the T-72 tank to be equipped with an optical rangefinder, to be later replaced with a laser range finder, as well as flip out side skirts to reduce the penetration of ATGMs hitting the tank at an angle from the front.
Armed with a 125 mm smoothbore gun, the tank was widely exported and has seen service in 40 countries, alongside the various developed and modernized models of the same tank, in numerous conflicts to date including Syria, Libya, and even Ukraine.
Trumpeter 1/35 Soviet T-72 Ural Main Battle Tank, kit No: 09601, features:
- Highly detailed kit featuring crisp details.
- Newly tooled early style turret with optical range finder.
- Subtle cast texture effect and weld lines on the turret.
- Single piece, slide moulded external fuel drums.
- Individual track links assembly.
- Clear parts for the periscopes and optical range finder.
- 3 PE frets.
- Length of copper wire to depict tow cable.
- Length of vinyl tube to depict external fuel pipes.
- 2 marking options for 1 Green and 1 White washed Soviet tanks.