The Russian S-400 Triumph, NATO codename SA-21 Growler, is a surface anti aircraft and ballistic defense system. Entering service in 2007, the S-400 was an improved version of the S-300 system. The new system is able to track and lock on up to six targets at a distance of up to 400 kilometers simultaneously, aided by two detection and guidance radars.
At present, the Russian Federation and the People’s Republic of China are the sole operators of the S-400 air defense system.
Trumpeter‘s 51P6A TEL S-400 Air Defense System, kit 01057 features:
- Full interior front cabin including three stations with various panels and electronic systems.
- Full drive train assembly complete with engine, transmission, differential housings, and suspension.
- Slide molded S-400 rocket tubes
- Various slide molded components featuring crisp bolts and details
- Accurately reproduced rubber tires with realistic tread pattern.
- Missile tubes can be built in either the stowed or erect position with included optional parts.
- Clear parts for the windshield and side windows.
- Two PE frets.
- Copper cable for depicting tow cable.
- Pre-cut masking sheet for painting the clear parts.
- Two marking options for 2 Russian vehicles.