The ZSU-57-2 is a Soviet self-propelled anti-aircraft gun, armed with two 57 mm autocannons. ‘ZSU’ stands for Zenitnaya Samokhodnaya Ustanovka, meaning “anti-aircraft self-propelled mount”, ’57’ stands for the bore of the armament in millimetres and ‘2’ stands for the number of gun barrels. It was the first Soviet mass-produced tracked SPAAG.
The ZSU-57-2 officially entered service with the Soviet Army in 1955. The first vehicles began replacing BTR-40As and BTR-152As in the anti-aircraft batteries of tank regiments in 1957. It was first shown publicly during the military parade in Moscow on 7 November 1958.