The T-34/85 is a Soviet medium tank that fought with the Soviet armored forces throughout the Second World War. Armed with a greatly improved 85 mm gun over its predecessor, its general specifications remained unchanged until the end of the war. The T-34/85’s sloped armor provided good protection against anti tank weapons, altering future tank designs later as seen on the German Panther tank. Its relatively cheaper cost to produce resulted in a profound effect on the conflict’s outcome despite suffering the most tank losses ever against the German Wehrmacht.
Ryefield Model‘s Russian T-34/85 Medium Tank Model 1944 Factory No. 183, item No: RM-5083 features:
- Slide molded lower hull featuring crisp bolts and weld lines.
- Newly tooled slide molded turret distinctive to factory no.183, with reproduced cast texture and weld lines.
- Finely reproduced cast texture on the forward DT machine gun firing port.
- Single piece slide molded main gun barrel, and external fuel tanks.
- Link and length tracks with realistic sag effect, and cast numbers on the rubber rims.
- Newly tooled T-34 spider wheels.
- Newly tooled rear hull plate.
- One PE fret.
- Length of nylon rope for depicting tow cable.
- 6 marking options for 4 Soviet tanks, and 2 captured German tanks during WW2.