The Pantsir-S2 is an improved version of the Pantsir S1 missile system. Upgraded with a new search radar for increased detection range, the Pantsir S2 is capable of launching new surface-to-air missiles increasing its effective range from 20 to 30 km.
The system carries up to 12 surface to air missiles combined with two dual 30 mm autocannons for engaging low altitude targets, built on a KAMAZ 6560 8×8 high mobility truck.
The new Pantisr-S2 entered service with the Russian army in 2015, and was also was deployed in Syria to protect the Russian air force troops at the Hmeymim airbase in Latakia. Various export armies have also deployed the Pantsir S2 such as Iraq, and Serbia.
Tiger Model 1/35 Pantsir S2 Missile Defense System, item No: 4645, features:
- Single piece, slide molded front cabin, rear compartments, and turret.
- Full interior front cabin.
- Full drive train assembly complete with engine, transmission, differential housings, and suspension.
- Accurately reproduced slide molded 30mm autocannons and missile tubes.
- Accurately reproduced rubber tires with realistic tread pattern.
- Clear parts for the windshield and side windows.
- Two PE frets.
- Metal antenna bases, and hydraulic poles.
- 2 rubber pieces for replicating the cabin’s sun shields.
- 5 marking options for 2 Russian, 1 Iraqi Army, and 1 Serbian army vehicle.