The 2S35-1 Koalitsiya-SV KSh is a new Russian self-propelled howitzer, based on a modified 8×8 KamAZ-6560 military truck. The 2S35-1 utilises an unmanned turret armed with a 152 mm main gun along with a 12.7mm remote controlled weapons station for self defence. The unmanned turret is fitted with a fully automated ammunition loading and handling system, firing a wide range of ammunition types including standard and rocket-assisted HE-FRAG projectiles, cluster projectiles with anti-tank submunitions, as well as jammer carrying projectiles up to a range of 40 km. With a maximum rate of fire around 8 rounds per minute, the Koalitsiya-SV KSh is capable of Multiple-Round Simultaneous Impact (MRSI) just like its German adversary, the Panzerhaubitze 2000 with an internal supply of around 60 to 70 rounds in the turret.
Operated by a crew of 3, the 2S35-1 Koalitsiya-SV KSh can be deployed within 1.5 minutes with less time required to leave its firing position. Such brief redeployment time allows the system to avoid counter-battery fire, while also engaging in shoot and scoot battle scenarios.
Considered as a less expensive, more mobile alternative to its tracked version it is planned that this truck-mounted howitzer will be mainly deployed alongside other wheeled combat vehicles demanding less off-road mobility and protection.
Trumpeter 1/35 Russian 2S35-1 Koalitsiya-SV KSh features:
- Fully detailed front driver’s cabin.
- Full drive train assembly complete with engine, transmission, differential housings, and suspension.
- Accurately reproduced turret with highly detailed automated loading system.
- Accurately reproduced rubber tires with realistic tread pattern.
- Movable stabilising arms after assembly.
- Clear parts for the windshield and side windows.
- Two PE frets.
- Pre-cut masking sheet for painting the clear parts.
- Two marking options for 2 Russian vehicles.