The Northrop Grumman MQ-8B Fire Scout is an unmanned autonomous helicopter developed by Northrop Grumman for use by the United States Armed Forces. The Fire Scout is designed to provide reconnaissance, situational awareness, aerial fire support and precision targeting support for ground, air and sea forces.
The MQ-8B is fitted with stub wings which serve both an aerodynamic purpose as well as an armament carriage location, allowing weapons such as Hellfire missiles, laser-guided weapons, and, in particular, pods carrying the Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS) which is an advanced version of the Hydra 70 unguided missile pod.
Takom 1/35 MQ-8B Fire Scout 1+1 Kit, item No: 2165, features:
- Highly detailed kit featuring accurate positive rivets and panel lines all over the fuselage.
- Highly detailed main rotor assembly.
- Slide molded wings, landing skids, and many other parts.
- 2 different forward radome configurations.
- 4 marking options for 4 US units.
- 2 complete 1/35 MQ-8Bs are included in the box.