The Mastiff 2 PPV (Protected Patrol Vehicle) is an improved, British version of the American Cougar 6×6 MRAP which saw service in Afghanistan. Due to the growing threat of roadside bombs and anti-tank weapons in Iraq and Afghanistan, the British military deployed the first batch of Mastiff 2 vehicles to provide protection for its crew and 8 passengers.
The Mastiff benefited from improved hull protection, slat armor, and double layered bullet proof glass. The vehicle was also fitted with self defence capabilities and can be armed with a 7.62 mm GPMG, 12.7 mm heavy machine gun or 40 mm grenade launcher.
Retired from active duty by British forces, the UK Ministry of Defence provided Ukraine with about 80 armoured vehicles, including the Mastiff 2.
Meng British Mastiff 2 6×6 Wheeled Protected Patrol Vehicle, features:
- Highly detailed kit featuring crisp details.
- Accurately reproduced V shaped hull with complete suspension and drivetrain assemblies.
- Rubber tires with accurately reproduced tread pattern.
- Steerable wheels after assembly.
- Complete driver’s cabin interior with seats and detailed dashboard.
- Complete passengers’ compartment interior with seats, radio, equipment, and roof liner.
- Highly detailed bar armour and 1 piece slat armour.
- Rear door can be assembled open or closed.
- Highly detailed, rotatable roof mounted turret.
- Clear parts for lights and cameras.
- 1 PE fret.
- 2 marking options.