The M42 Duster is an American light, armored 40 mm self-propelled anti-aircraft gun. Sometimes referred to as the Duster, the M42 shared various components from the M41 light tank.
Manned by a crew of six, the M42 Duster can fire up to 85 continuous seconds, with its double 40 mm M2A1 Bofors, before running out of ammo. Primarily developed for engaging air targets, the vehicle also proved to be effective against unarmored ground forces in the Vietnam war.
AFV Club M42A1 Duster Self-propelled Anti-aircraft Gun features:
- Highly detailed kit featuring cast texture, weld lines, and tie down loops.
- Newly tooled, accurate hull featuring highly detailed engine deck and running gear.
- Newly tooled, accurate turret with complete fighting compartment.
- Highly detailed turret featuring complete twin 40m Bofors guns with sights.
- Hatches can be built as open or closed.
- 1 PE fret.
- 2 aluminum barrels.
- Set of vinyl tracks.
- 5 marking options for 4 US Olive Drab, and 1 US MERDC painted vehicle.