The M1A1 Abrams is a third-generation American main battle tank, named after General Creighton Abrams. Designed for modern armoured ground warfare, the M1A1 Abrams introduced several modern technologies including a multi fuel turbine engine, sophisticated composite armour, a computer fire control system, separate ammunition storage in a blowout compartment, and NBC protection for crew safety.
Entering service in 1980 with the United States Army and the United States Marine Corps (USMC), various export versions were used by the armies of Egypt, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Poland, Iraq, and recently Ukraine.
Manned by a crew of 4, the M1A1 Abrams is armed with a M256 120 mm L/44 main gun along its coaxial and turret mounted machine guns.
Ryefield Model M1A1 Abrams Ukraine/Poland Limited Edition features:
- Highly detailed model featuring crisp details, bolts, and weldlines.
- Moulded non-slip texture on turret and lower hull.
- Single piece slide moulded main gun barrel.
- Newly tooled, highly detailed commander’s stabilised weapon station.
- Kontakt-1 ERA for what-if Ukrainian unit.
- Fully workable torsion bar suspension system after assembly.
- Fully workable tracks after assembly.
- Clear parts for the periscopes, armoured glass, and lights.
- Various included accessories.
- 1 PE fret.
- 2 marking options.