The M198 howitzer is a medium-sized, towed 155 mm artillery gun. Developed for service with the United States Army and Marine Corps, the M198 was designed to replace the ageing World War II-era M114 155 mm howitzer. The gun can fire rounds up to a range of 22 kms and 28 kms with rocket-assisted projectiles.
The M198 can be towed, airlifted, and even deployed by parachute making it a highly mobile gun system seeing service with various armed forces including Lebanon.
I Love Kit 1/16 M198 155mm Medium Howitzer Early, features:
- Highly detailed kit featuring intricate assembly.
- Movable gun after assembly.
- Gun can be built in either transport or firing mode after assembly.
- 38cm main gun barrel.
- 33cm slide moulded stabilising arms.
- Single piece, slide moulded muzzle brake.
- 6.5cm diameter rubber tires with authentic tread patterns.
- Rubber dust covers for dampers.
- 1 PE fret.