The M1224 MaxxPro MRAP (Mine Resistant Ambush Protected) vehicle is an armored fighting vehicle designed by American company Navistar International. Developed to take part in the US military’s Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle program, the M1224 MaxxPro saw combat service with the USMC and US Army.
Weighing at 13.5 tons and powered by a diesel engine, the MaxxPro is capable of speeds up to 100 km/h and has a road range of 400 km. The M1224 features bolted armor panels which can be quickly replaced in the field, unlike conventional welded armor.
Armed with either a roof mounted turret or a Common Remotely Operated Weapon Station (CROWS), the vehicle is primarily used for patrol in hostile territory and can withstand a mine or IED with up to 7 kg of explosives. Various nations adopted the M1224, in addition to the USMC and US Army, such as Iraq, Syrian Democratic forces, and recently the Ukrainian army replacing the more vulnerable HUMVEE and other soft skin vehicles.
Bronco Models M1224 MaxxPro MRAP features:
- Highly detailed kit with clean crisp details.
- 1 piece, slide moulded front fender.
- Complete undercarriage assembly with engine, transmission, and suspension system.
- Steerable front wheels after assembly.
- Complete driver’s cabin interior with seats, central large electronics panel, and detailed dashboard.
- Complete passenger’s compartment interior with rear seats, equipment racks with radios, and equipment.
- Bolted armor panel details on the inner side of doors.
- Highly detailed roof mounted turret, with a choice for a 7.62mm or M2 .50 cal MG.
- Array of accessories including jerry cans, assault rifles, and stretcher.
- Clear parts for armored windows, headlights, and tail lights.
- 1 PE fret.
- Rubber tires with authentically reproduced tread pattern.
- 4 marking options.