The Leguan PSB is a bridge laying system designed for overcoming obstacles in the battlefield. The armored express bridge system is in use by various armies such as Germany, Switzerland, and the United States.
The aluminum alloy bridge has a width of 4.01 meters, a total length of 26 meters and a total weight of 10.5 tons. The laid bridge allows vehicles, up to 83.5 tons, to cross terrain cuts such as water bodies and gorges up to 24 meters wide. Larger obstacle width bridging is also possible by overlapping birdges and even be built with pontoons to form floating bridges.
The bridge system can be carried onto a number of different carrier vehicles such as the M1 Abrams, M60, and Leopard 2. The German Bundeswehr’s Panzer Pionier Bataillon Leguan Leopard 2 uses a modified Leopard 2 tank chassis.
HobbyBoss 1/35 German Leguan Leopard 2 PSB, item No: 84569, features:
- Newly tooled upper hull featuring antislip texture and intricate weld lines.
- Accurately reproduced front stabilizing blade.
- Highly detailed movable bridge laying arm.
- Highly detailed rear movable bridge laying arm with smoke dischargers.
- 90 cms bridge with replicated internal structure.
- Movable bridge assembly in either the stored or extended position.
- Length of copper cable to depict tow cable.
- Transparent parts for the persiscopes.
- Vinyl tracks.
- 1 PE fret.