The German Flak 36, Fliegerabwehrkanone, is a German 88 mm anti-aircraft and anti-tank gun developed in the 1930s. The Flak 36 was widely used by Germany throughout World War II and was one of the most recognized weapons of the conflict deployed on all fronts.
Managed by a crew of 10, the gun could be completely emplaced in under 3 minutes. The gun’s versatile carriage also allowed the Flak 36 to be fired in a semi deployed anti-tank position, while still mounted.
The Flak 36’s successful use as an improvised anti-tank gun led to the development of a tank gun, the 8.8 cm KwK, which served as the main armament for the Tiger I heavy tank. Later versions of the Flak 36 also provided the main armament for various fighting vehicles such as the Elefant, Jagdpanther, and King Tiger.
Border Model‘s German 88mm Gun Flak 36 w/ 6 Crew Members Limited Edition kit features:
- Intricate assembly featuring crisp, sharp details, with fine weld lines.
- 3 types for the gun’s front protective shield.
- 3 types for the 8.8 cm barrel, 18, 36 and 37 with corresponding parts.
- Slide molded front and rear transport carriages.
- Slide molded, single piece main gun barrel.
- Vinyl wheels for the carriages.
- 6 crisply molded crew figures.
- 8.8 cm ammo boxes, extra shells, and various accessories for a diorama setting.
- Gun can be built in either the deployed, semi deployed, or in transit mode.
- 3 marking options for 3 unknown units deployed on the Eastern Front.
- 1 photoetched fret.
- Metal box and rifled metal gun barrel included in limited edition release.